With Anthony L. Montagna, III, you can be confident that you have an experienced, professional family, traffic and criminal attorney on your side. Anthony will fight to protect you and your family. He knows that every case is important to you, and he will battle for you in court.
Anthony was born on August 19, 1968 at Camp LeJeune, North Carolina. After several months, Anthony and his family moved to Norfolk, Virginia, his father’s home town.
Anthony graduated from Norfolk Academy in 1986. After graduation, Anthony attended and graduated from the University of Richmond with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. After graduating from the University of Richmond, Anthony attended and graduated from The University of Akron School of Law in 1993.Upon graduating from law school, Anthony joined his father as a partner at Montagna & Montagna, P.C.
As a partner at Montagna & Montagna, P.C., Anthony assisted individuals in many fields of law. Over the years, Anthony has handled bankruptcy, debt collection, worker’s compensation, personal injury, family law, DUI and traffic, security clearance, criminal, and corporation cases.
As the son of an attorney who served his country proudly on active duty and in the reserves in the United States Navy Jag Corps, Anthony has the necessary experience and knowledge to ensure you get the results that you want. He has practiced law for over 21 years and is well known for his knowledge of the law and familiarity with the judges in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, and all of Hampton Roads.
In his free time, Anthony enjoys travelling, reading, watching and playing sports, and spending time with his family. He particularly enjoys spending time with his daughter, Phoebe, who is 13 and attends Norfolk Academy.
YOUR NORFOLK DIVORCE ATTORNEY SHOULD BE…
Divorce is one of the most stressful things that can happen to a family. It involves an upheaval of memories, emotions and division of personal belongings. It also uproots the sense of security of any children involved. That’s why it’s so important to hire a competent, calm and experienced family law and divorce lawyer to handle the proceedings. This page will hopefully share some ideas how to evaluate a Norfolk divorce lawyer. Don’t be afraid to “shop around” for an attorney with all five of the following qualities:
- Part of a well-established practice with a positive track record. While there is a certain amount of confidentiality that goes along with divorce legal proceedings, you’re bound to come across referrals from friends who have gone through a similar experience. Those referrals may help separate the reputable lawyers from the ones with fewer cases under their belts. Online reviews are also useful.
- Punctual and responsive. Your attorney should not be so overloaded with clients that he or she doesn’t have time to respond to your requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Enough of a “bulldog” to champion your interests, but calm enough to command respect. What kind of reputation does a prospective divorce attorney have within the legal community? Does he or she have a habit of reacting based on emotion instead of acting based on facts and the client’s best interests? The answers to those questions can often determine whether or not you get the ruling you deserve.
- Empathetic and understanding. Again, divorce is stressful and quite emotional. It’s critical that you hire a lawyer who can encourage you and be your advocate without getting drawn into the emotional frenzy themselves (see number 3).
- Surrounded with competent staff. If your divorce lawyer is anyone to speak of, he or she will have other clients who need attention just like you do. That’s why it’s best to hire a lawyer with a highly knowledgeable legal support team to answer your questions and address your needs.
The family law and divorce lawyers at Anthony Montagna make it a point to model our firm around these five qualities. We recognize the importance of our clients’ unique needs, feelings and circumstances, and do our very best to provide caring, productive legal counsel to people in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Considering divorce? Call us toll free to schedule a free initial legal consultation at (877) 622-8100 or contact us online. An experienced divorce lawyer will contact you shortly.
UNION WORKERS WELCOME