FACTORS FOR THE COURT TO CONSIDER IN DECIDING CUSTODY IN VIRGINIA
MONTAGNA KLEIN CAMDEN L.L.P.
425 MONTICELLO AVENUE, NORFOLK, VIRGINIA 23510
HELPING GOOD PEOPLE WITH CHILD CUSTODY CASES FOR OVER 26 YEARS
MILITARY, UNION, TEACHER, AND SENIOR DISCOUNTS
THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CLIENTS
150 + YEARS OF COMBINED LEGAL EXPERIENCE AT MONTAGNA KLEIN CAMDEN L.L.P.
When a mother, father, grandparent, or other interested party files a custody petition, the Court will consider a number of factors. For guidance in deciding a custody case, the Court will consider Section 20-124.3 of the Virginia Code, 1950, as amended.
Section 20-124.3 of the Virginia Code, 1950, as amended lists the factors in determining the best interest of the child. The Court is required to consider all of the factors. The factors under Section 20-124.3 of the Virginia Code, 1950, as amended are the following:
1. The age and physical and mental condition of the child, giving due consideration to the child’s changing developmental needs;
2. The age and physical and mental condition of each parent;
3. The relationship existing between each parent and each child, giving due consideration to the positive involvement with the child’s life, the ability to accurately assess and meet the emotional, intellectual and physical needs of the child;
4. The needs of the child, giving due consideration to other important relationships of the child, including but not limited to siblings, peers and extended family members;
5. The role that each parent has played and will play in the future, in the upbringing and care of the child;
6. The propensity of each parent to actively support the child’s contact and relationship with the other parent, including whether a parent has unreasonably denied the other parent access to or visitation with the child;
7. The relative willingness and demonstrated ability of each parent to maintain a close and continuing relationship with the child, and the ability of each parent to cooperate in and resolve disputes regarding matters affecting the child;
8. The reasonable preference of the child, if the court deems the child to be of reasonable intelligence, understanding, age and experience to express such a preference;
9. Any history of family abuse as that term is defined in § 16.1-228 or sexual abuse. If the court finds such a history, the court may disregard the factors in subdivision 6; and
10. Such other factors as the court deems necessary and proper to the determination.
To prevail in Court. it is important to hire an attorney, who is familiar with the factors enumerated in Section 20-124.3 of the Virginia Code, 1950, as amended. Anthony Montagna is the child custody attorney that you should call.
If you have a custody case and are looking for experienced child custody lawyers in Norfolk, VA, contact Montagna Klein Camden today. With Anthony L. Montagna, III, you can be confident that you have an experienced, professional child custody attorney on your side for your custody battle in Norfolk, Virginia. We invite you to review Anthony’s 5 Star reviews on google.
Anthony will fight to protect you and your family. He knows that every case is important to you, and he will battle for you in court. As child custody lawyers in Norfolk, VA, Anthony and his partners have had countless satisfied clients. Most importantly, Anthony frequently receives five star reviews on google and other rating sites.
Anthony was born on August 19, 1968 at Camp LeJeune, North Carolina. After several months, he and his family moved to Norfolk, Virginia, his father’s home town.
Anthony graduated from Norfolk Academy in 1986. After graduation, Anthony attended and graduated from the University of Richmond with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. At the University of Richmond, he was awarded Intermediate Honors and was a proud member of the the Dean’s List.
After graduating from the University of Richmond, Anthony attended and graduated from The University of Akron School of Law in 1993. Upon graduating from law school, Anthony joined his father as a partner at Montagna & Montagna, P.C.
FORMER PARTNER AT MONTAGNA & MONTAGNA, P.C.
As a partner at Montagna & Montagna, P.C., Anthony assisted individuals in many fields of law. Over the years, Anthony has handled bankruptcy, debt collection, worker’s compensation, personal injury,divorce, child custody, support, DUI and traffic, security clearance, criminal, and corporation cases.
SON OF A NAVY VETERAN:
As the son of an attorney who served his country proudly on active duty and in the reserves in the United States Navy Jag Corps, Anthony has the necessary experience and knowledge to ensure you get the results that you want. Anthony has practiced law for over 26 years and is well known for his knowledge of the law and familiarity with the judges in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, and all of Hampton Roads.
In his free time, Anthony enjoys travelling, reading, watching and playing sports, and spending time with his family. He particularly enjoys spending time with his daughter, Phoebe, who is 16 and attends Norfolk Academy.
COMMITMENT TO MY CLIENTS:
“With over 26 years of experience, I know each case is different, and I provide personalized attention for each client,” says Anthony. “I am committed
to providing my clients with zealous and skillful representation. I know that my client’s case is a serious concern, and I treat every client like I would want
my family treated. I am here to guide you through the complexities of your case and to provide you simple, straightforward answers to your questions.”
ANSWERING CALLS 24 HOURS A DAY AND SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, INCLUDING HOLIDAYS
Anthony strives to answer all questions, to provide regular updates and return all phone calls. If you want an attorney who will think outside of the box, make your case a priority and work hard for you, Anthony is the attorney for you. Anthony and his firm have someone to answer your calls 24 hours a day and seven days a week, including holidays.
425 MONTICELLO AVENUE, NORFOLK, VA 23510
A+ RATED BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
Anthony Montagna, III is one of the preeminent Norfolk, VA child custody lawyers. In October 1993, Anthony started practicing law with his father and former law partner, Anthony Montagna, Jr. Although Anthony’s father passed away in October, 2013, the knowledge that he possessed did not die with him. Fortunately, Anthony’s father taught him well. When you want one of the best Child Custody Lawyers in Norfolk, VA call our firm at 757-625-3500 and make an appointment today to see us at our Norfolk office at 425 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, Virginia 23510.
Anthony Montagna, III has extensive experience representing mothers, fathers, and children as a Guardian ad Litem. A Guardian ad Litem is an attorney, who is appointed by the court to represent the child’s best interest. The Guardian ad Litem does not represent either the mother, father, or any interested parties.
When child custody is an issue before the court, the Judge will make a decision about the following:
THREE REASONS TO SELECT ANTHONY MONTAGNA, III
1. When you consider hiring an attorney, know that Anthony is here to help you. He is uniquely qualified to handle your simplest or most complex legal matter. Anthony will fight for you in court to ensure that your rights and entitlements are fully protected. He is only satisfied when you are satisfied and amazes people with his quick response to telephone and email requests.
2. Anthony practiced law with his father for over 20 years before he joined Montagna Klein Camden LLP. His father was a retired Captain from the Naval Reserves and former Judge Advocate General (JAG). Anthony Montagna, Jr. taught Anthony everything about the division of military pensions, Survivor Benefit Plans (SBP), Thrift Savings Plans (TSP), and Leave and Earning Statements (LES). With the knowledge he acquired from working with his father, Anthony is ready to tackle your divorce, custody and support issues.
3. For over 26 years, Anthony has defended military and civilian individuals charged with serious crimes. He has won countless driving under the influence, reckless driving and traffic cases. As an attorney who has successfully represented individuals charged with murder, abduction, strangulation, rape, robbery, and drug crimes, Anthony is well known for his aggressive representation and complete preparation in defending his clients. Additionally, Anthony has successfully obtained large settlements and trial verdicts for his clients, who were injured in serious automobile, motorcycle, and trucking accidents. When you need a lawyer who thinks outside of the box and obtains great results, call Anthony today.
The lawyers at Montagna Klein Camden, a Norfolk, VA child custody law firm and located at 425 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, Virginia 23510, understand that nothing is more terrifying than the thought of losing custody of your children. Anthony is acutely aware of the stress and worry that our clients experience during a contested custody matter in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth or any where in Hampton Roads, VA. Together, you and your team of seasoned custody lawyers will sit down and develop a strategy to obtain the results you desire.
After your divorce, Anthony is familiar with registering and modifying custody, visitation, and support orders. When Anthony represents you in court, he is well prepared and well versed in the law. Anthony has compassion and drive. He understands that nothing is more valuable than your children. When you want a lawyer who will fight for you in court, call Anthony Montagna. Anthony will sit down with you and explain the strengths of your case and advise you how to improve your weaknesses in our Norfolk office at 425 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, Virginia 23510.
Civilians and military personnel can rest easily when they have Anthony Montagna, III representing them. When you sit down with Anthony, he will explain to you every strength and weakness of you case. He will explain his strategy and how the court system works.
If you have questions, Anthony, as one of the most skilled child custody lawyers in Norfolk, VA, will answer your questions simply and straightforwardly. He will explain his billing and your expected costs. In many cases a payment plan is available and his fees are very reasonable. Most importantly, Anthony offers senior, military, student, and union discounts.
When you need a Norfolk child custody lawyer, who is tough as nails, passionate, and well prepared, call Anthony Montagna, III. Together, you and Anthony, will be a great team.
AREAS WE SERVE:
- NEWPORT NEWS
- VIRGINIA BEACH
- NEW KENT COUNTY
- WILLIAMSBURG/JAMES CITY COUNTY
- YORK COUNTY
- ISLE OF WIGHT COUNTY
- SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY
- ACCOMACK COUNTY
- NORTHAMPTON COUNTY
If you have questions about your case in the Norfolk Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, please visit their website.
If you have questions about your case in the Norfolk Circuit Court, please visit their website.
If you have questions about modifying a previous custody order, please see my web post.