Get a FREE consultation
Click Here

Car and Truck Accident FAQ

This page provides answers to some common questions about legal recourse for victims of truck and auto accidents in Hampton Roads, Virginia. If you are injured in an auto accident or collision with a commercial semi-truck on I-64, I-95 or other regional interstate, call or contact the personal injury lawyers at Montagna Klein Camden

What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident?

First thing’s first: make sure that you and your passengers are safe. Call an ambulance immediately if there are any signs of injury. If you can get out of your car unaided, do so, but be sure to stay with your vehicle. Leaving the scene of an accident is a potentially criminal defense. The police should be brought to the scene in the event of a truck accident or an auto accident with property damage, injury or death.  Otherwise, exchange complete contact and insurance information with the other driver. Take photos of any damage. Next, contact your insurance company and send them a copy of the police report. Finally, notify your attorney about the accident. It’s vital to your case and compensation for your suffering that you acquire legal representation as soon as possible.

What if the other driver’s insurance company contacts me?

Politely decline to speak about the accident and matters concerning the accident with anyone but the police, your insurance company and your attorney. The other driver’s insurance company is not on your side of the conflict and anything you say to them could be used against you in court.

What if I think the accident may be my fault?

Even if you think you may have been part of the cause of the accident, refrain from any verbal or written admissions of guilt as these could prevent you from receiving just compensation. Call an auto accident attorney like the firm of Montagna Klein Camden to discuss your options.

I feel fine. Should I still see a physician?

Yes.  Injuries from auto and truck accidents are not always immediately obvious. It’s important that you receive a thorough medical examination in order to detect and document injuries early on in the legal process.

I am the victim of a truck accident. Who can I sue?

If you are the victim of an accident involving a commercial semi-truck you can file a claim against the driver, the trucking company, the owner of the cargo the truck was carrying and other entities if applicable. Claims surrounding truck accidents are complicated as the companies are often headquartered outside the state of Virginia. Since fault in a truck accident is not always readily apparent, it is wise to seek legal counsel right away in order to get the money you deserve. The truck accident attorneys at Montagna Klein Camden are ready and waiting to vouch for you. Contact us today.

You may also be interested in:

Truck Accidents
Auto Accidents

Connect with us:
Google+ Profile